Humanities Faculty visit the WW1 Battlesfields.
61 pupils and 6 staff have safely arrived in Arras, northern France on route to their first exciting stop - The Wellington Tunnels. Over the course of the next five days they shall be visiting :
- The Flanders Museum, in Ypres, Belgium.
- The Menin Gate, which marked the start of the main road out of Ypres towards the Front Line.
- Sanctuary Wood Museum, Belgium.
- Tyne Cot Cemetry, which marks the resting place of 11,954 soldiers of the Commonwealth.
- Langemark German Cemetry, Flanders region.
- Full day visit to the Somme, which will include: Musee Somme 1916, Lochnagar Mine Crater Memorial and the Newfoundland Memorial.
For other photos please click here.