Student Dress Code 2017/18
The Student Dress Code
Following the Student Dress Code is an important part of your daughter’s education and lifelong learning. It provides a sense of belonging and encourages pride both in being a member of Greenbank High School and in her appearance.
All students must follow this dress code.
- A grey blazer with green trim and green school badge.
- Dark green ‘A’ line or pleated skirt or pinafore dress of a modest length.
- Dark green tailored trousers.
- Green and white striped blouse with a flat collar, currently available from our suppliers.
- Plain short or knee-length socks in green or grey. If tights are worn they must be green or grey.
- Shoes must be low heeled, all black and polishable. Any logos must be covered or removed.
- Optional Dark green v-necked pullover/cardigan with school logo. Round neck pullovers are not worn.
- A plain dark coat or jacket.
- Hair bands, bobbles or head scarves should be black or green.
(The school ‘hoodie’ should be worn for PE and Sports Events only).
For Physical Education
- A drawstring bag to carry their PE kit.
- Plain white aertex sports shirt with Greenbank motif and own initials.
- Dark green shorts with white trim (for all activities).
- Grey hooded sweatshirt with Greenbank motif.
- Black, dark green or navy blue jogging bottoms (to be used during the winter).
- ¾ length white sports socks and short white socks.
- We recommend shin pads and a gum shield for hockey.
- No jewellery should be worn on PE days.
Girls representing the school in hockey teams are advised to obtain astro-shoes, shin pads and a gum shield.
All articles of clothing must be named with sewn-in labels or permanent marker. In addition initials or names could be embroidered on the outside of kit.
Kit should be kept in a large drawstring bag, also named. Polythene bags and other open type bags are inadequate and may lead to kit being lost. It is possible to borrow hockey sticks and tennis racquets from school, but girls may provide their own.
Items of school uniform can be obtained from the following suppliers:
Whittakers Southport 01704 533394
Zips & Snips Southport 01704 231188
- Something to tie hair back.
- Lab coats are provided when necessary
For Design & Technology
- Something to tie hair back.
- Aprons are provided when necessary.
- It would be useful for pupils to have a 2B and 4B pencil.
- Each student must have her own scientific calculator and geometry set.
- A Pocket Gem dictionary.
For French & Spanish
- We recommend the purchase of ‘The Collins Easy Learning Dictionary’ for use at home.
Make-up and hair
- Make-up is not worn.
- Hair should be neat and extreme styles and colours are not allowed.
- Nail varnish is not permitted.
- Nails should be short.
- Aerosols should not be used in school.
- A watch and inexpensive signet ring may be worn in school.
- A single plain stud for pierced ears may be worn in each ear lobe but other jewellery is strictly forbidden.
- No responsibility will be taken for loss of jewellery.
On your first day you will need to be equipped with two black or blue pens, a green pen to use when responding to feedback in your exercise book, a pencil, a set of coloured pencils, ruler, eraser, pencil case, school bag and Student Planner (available on 5th September).
Money must be carried in a named purse kept in a zipped pocket or worn on a strap belt. Large amounts of money should not be brought into school.
Pupils may carry a small bottle of water with them during the day. This can be taken into all lessons except Science – and in the case of Design & Technology must have a sports-top style.
Items of used school uniform are available in school. Please make inquiries at the Front Office.